Room 2.14, 1st Floor
New Science Building, North Campus
Department of Experimental Physics
Maynooth, Co. Kildare
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Experimental Physics, (2001 - 2005), University College Dublin, Ireland.
- M.Eng. in Photonics, (2007 - 2008), Universities of Applied Science Berlin, Wildau and Brandenburg, Germany.
- Assistant at FGAN (www.fgan.de) Institute for High Energy Physics and Radar,
Germany (09/2005 - 06/2006). Responsible for the processing of raw Radar Data obtained from a 24 hour Beam Park
Experiment - the updating, consolidating and documenting of the Algorithms used.
- Assistant at the BAM "Federal ministry for Material Research and Testing", Berlin, Germany (09/2006 - 09/2007).
Translation of Documents and Websites from German to English, and proofreading.
- Master Student at the FBH "Ferdinand Braun Institut" (www.fbh-berlin.de),
- Responsible for the development of a process for the testing of the metallization of laser chips (10/2007 - 01/2008).
- Examining the influence of mechanical stresses, generated during the construction of a Diode Laser, on the laser
properties of DFB-RW Lasers (02/2007 - 10/2008).
Research interests are in the field of far-infrared space optics. Specifically the optical analysis of submillimetre
wavelength astronomical instrumentation with particular interest in the Atacama large Millimetre Array (ALMA) and the
SAFARI instrument for the future SPICA mission (joint European / Japanese mission).